Django OpenID Provider application acts as OpenID provider (in lame terms Server) for your django.contrib.auth accounts.
If you have your own Django powered website you might want to use your admin account to authenticate on other sites like stackoverflow or even in other django websites you manage (with django_openid_auth for example).
Reasons to do that:
- forget about dozens of passwords on different sites,
- manage and revoke OpenID authorization for sites you log on,
- Automatic redirect to login page for unauthorized users.
- Semi-automated creation of OpenID identifiers (leave OpenID field empty).
- Decision page for adding trust_root to one’s OpenID trusted sites.